This Privacy Notice (and any other document referred to in it) sets out the basis on which we will process and use any personal data that we collect from you, and that you provide to us. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we are doing with your data and what rights you have in relation to your data under Data Protection laws of the Data Protection Act 1998, Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
1. Who we are
This site at www.brabham.co.uk is the website of Braham Branding and is operated by David Brabham who is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act and GDPR, and whose trading address is PO box 737, Banbury, Oxon, OX16 6NN.
2. The Data we collect
We collect and use the following data from visitors to this website.
- When you make a general enquiry by sending an email, using the “contact” tab and click box, we will collect your name, contact information and details about your enquiry so that we can answer you.
- We will collect and use certain technical information about you and your visit when you visit our Website (covered in our Cookie Notice in point 7 below).
- If you use the online store, managed by Big Cartel LLC, the details given will be used to administer your orders.
- We will collect certain other information that you give us, for example, if you complete a survey or report problems with our Website.
We use your data to provide information you have asked for, to send you the things you have bought from us and to provide you with a good experience of our Website. Without this we may be unable to correspond with you, send you e-mails to provide you with the information you have requested, or provide the goods you may have ordered.
Brabham Branding is fully committed to being fully transparent about the data it collects and processes and to meeting it data protection obligations. We will never sell your data, or share it with others, so they can try and sell you their products. We work hard to keep your information safe, and we want our use of your data, and your use of our services, to be secure. We follow strict security procedures on how personal data is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it.
Brabham Branding and its commercial partners have put in place security measures to safeguard personal data from destruction, loss, unauthorised access or disclosure.
3. How we use personal data
In order for data to be processed and stored lawfully, under the first principle, Brabham Branding has considered all legal bases for the collection of personally identifiable information that;
We understand our responsibility to protect the individual’s interest;
We believe that there is limited privacy impact on the individual;
We believe that the individual should reasonably expect us to use their data for business purposes and we do not want to bother them with disruptive consent requests when they are unlikely to object to the processing;
We have identified legitimate commercial interests;
We have checked that the processing is necessary and there is no less intrusive way to achieve the same result;
We only use individual’s data in ways they would reasonably expect unless we have very good reason;
We have considered safeguards to reduce impact where possible;
We have considered whether we can offer an opt out;
We have therefore decided that we justify processing and storing of personal data obtained via business to business, client to business and business to client communications on the grounds of legitimate interests and that legitimate interest is the commercial interest of Brabham Branding.
We collect and use your data for the following purposes:
- Responding to messages from you and recording any communications.
- Providing the products that you ask us for and performing our obligations under any contracts that we enter into with you.
- Allowing you to participate in any interactive features of our website such as surveys.
We do not collect your personal data to give to third parties for the purposes of sending you marketing information.
4. How long we keep your data
Where you have made an enquiry through the website ‘contact’ feature as described above, we will keep your data for as long as we need it to respond to any enquiry or resolve any questions asked. After that it will be deleted as the purpose for which the information was stored has been fulfilled.
For details of how long Big Cartel may hold your data through the online store, please see their privacy notice at https://help.bigcartel.com/privacy-policy
In general, we process and store your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes outlined.
5. How we share your data
We share your personal data, as necessary, with third parties who provide the following services for us:
Hosting of the website shop, and email services to help us with emailing you. You can see how data is handled by our online shop at https://help.bigcartel.com/privacy-policy.
Brabham Branding’s media communications are handled by their commercial partners at Hazel PR Limited, Arena Business Centre, 9 Nimrod Way, Ferndown, Dorset BH21 7HH and may be contacted at email@example.com.
6. Your rights
You have certain rights in respect of the personal data that we hold. A brief summary of these rights is set out below.
We will respect your personal data rights in respect of:
- Access. If you ask us we will tell you what we’ve got, why we’ve got it and what we’re doing with it if you don’t think we’ve explained it well enough in the Privacy Notice.
- Rectification. We will correct any mistakes you tell us about.
- Erasure. We will erase your personal information at your request without undue delay, unless we have to keep it for a very good reason for our legal dealings with the tax people for example. In those circumstances we will keep the absolute minimum required.
- Restriction. We will restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, if you ask us to do so.
- Data portability. You can get a copy of your data to give to another organisation in a format they can use.
- Objection (including objection to direct marketing). We will respect your general rights to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, including for direct marketing purposes.
For further information on your rights visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
Our Website uses “cookies” which are placed and stored on your computer hard drives or in the browser memory, if you agree, when you visit our Website. These are small files of information that help the site work better. Some help us measure how many visitors we have had to the site, and what pages are visited most, and when directed to Big Cartel, some help things like the shopping basket function to work. Details of Big Cartel cookies can be found through the appropriate link at https://help.bigcartel.com/privacy-policy
8. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice. Any changes we make in the future will be posted on www.brabham.co.uk. You should check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this notice.
9. Contact and complaints
If you have any complaints regarding this Privacy Notice that you feel have not been addressed to your satisfaction by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org then you may also contact the UK Information Commissioner at telephone number 0303 123 1113 or https://ico.org.uk/.
Brabham Branding reserves the right to change this policy at any time.